Friday, July 10, 2009

Radical Christian - Paul Washer - Sermon Jam from I'll Be Honest on Vimeo.



This man is quickly becoming my favorite preacher. When I listen to him cry out about sending his son into the worst part of the battle I wonder if I have the same courage to pray this for my sons (or daughters for that matter). My wife and I have for some time now been wondering, where is our cross supposed to be? Where is our suffering supposed to come from?
We have it too easy in this country. I am ashamed of my behavior when I hear about people like the young man in the video. What more should I be doing? How should I be teaching my children? I would hope that they would relish a chance to proclaim the gospel--to make that the focal point of their lives--and I would hope that I would encourage that, whatever the cost. The major question I have is this, is the greatest mission field our own city, or state, or country? I'm beginning to think so. I pray that my children will be willing to give their all for the cause of the gospel, but how can I pray that for them, when there are times I feel trepidation for something as simple as giving thanks for a meal in public sometime?
For those of you who read this, we covet your prayers for strength. The time is coming, maybe soon, when we may have an opportunity to make life ending choices; but pray for us that we can make the harder choices. The ones that will require us to live an example to the world every day. It's harder to live through a long, tedious trial than it is a short dramatic one. I hope this video inspires you. Make the hard choices well, and please pray that we would do the same.

Dad

No comments: