Thursday, May 17, 2007

Rearranging

Those of you who have know us for a long time know that we can hardly help rearranging the house every few weeks. We have had friends come over and say to Jordan, "Okay, where is your room this week?" This time it was Kendra's turn to switch rooms with me. She moved in with Nikki and Kayla, and Shauna and I decided that our room needed a paint job. We painted it a tan, and then started to stripe it.

Jordan offered to help us with the taping off of sections. It was a good thing he did. I had already used most of the masking tape in the house, and the only other tape we had was his duct tape. He generously let us use it (the whole roll and a half).
While Jordan and I were measuring and taping, Shauna painted and Kendra handed us the rag when we messed up. The work went so much more quickly with us all in there. Jordan was tempted to sigh at me because I got the tape stuck to itself a couple of times (oops:), but I told him that he was being prepared for working with his children someday.

These are the two walls that we striped. We have a lot more to do in the room, but it will gradual. We eventually want a country cottage type look. For now, though, we are happy with the walls, and being able to sleep in our room again. Come over and see it if you can!

2 comments:

Kendra Parish said...

I love the stripes! I am glad I am not the only one who can't help myself when it comes to rearranging and redecorating! Have fun!

Kendra

The Werzinskis said...

The idea for the stripes actually came from Sally. After we saw how cute it looked in her room, we couldn't wait to try it!

Raylene