Saturday, March 28, 2009

We've had a Birthday!

Both Erin and I had significant birthdays this year. She turned five, the official Werzinski pancake-flipping age, and I turned twenty-one. We have loved sharing a birthday, trading "Happy Birthdays!" all day long. Erin is prepared to be a big girl now, doing school and activities just like Sarah, Kendra, and Shauna. She knows that she is growing up, and she is beginning to take responsibility.
I actually feel younger than I did last year. Maybe it's denial:), or maybe I am just beginning to realize that I never was as mature as I thought I was. In any case, I know now that grown-up life is harder than it looks, but the Lord is faithful, and my parents are very wise counsellors. I hope this next year's lessons are as valuable!

1 comment:

The Parish Clan said...

Happy birthday to the both of you! I am so blessed to enjoy the friendship of two very special young women. I loved your thoughts about growing older Raylene. :-) Enjoy that "growing younger" feeling to the fullest.

~Sally